COGNITIVE SKILLS - COORDINATION - FORWARD PLANNING - CONCENTRATION - GROSS AND FINE MOTOR SKILLS - HAND-EYE COORDINATION
Suitable for children’s settings and therapy
For 1 – 6 children.
6 tweezers, 61 cm long
6 plastic baskets with different materials for picking up
(a piece of felt, laces, 2 different wooden beads, 2 different wooden cylinders,
3 different wooden cubes)
All pieces are in 6 different coordinating colours.
1 set of instructions
How to play:
- Each pair of tweezers matches a basket and contents of the same colour. So the child can then name, differentiate and arrange the materials by colour.
- Picking up an object without touching it with your hands is an interesting experience and challenge.
- Picking up, holding and carrying objects with the tweezers works in the interplay of BOTH hands.
- The small objects in the basket differ in composition, size, shape and feel.
This awakens the child’s curiosity and interest, and provides variation.
Some objects are easy to pick up. Others offer more of a challenge.
- The choice of materials can be added to at will.